The Regional Agriculture Machinery Centre (RAMC), is located at Samtenling block under Gelephu sub- district of Sarpang District. It is under Agriculture Machinery Centre, Bondey, Paro. The Centre caters for four District of south central region, namely Zhemgang, Sarpang, Tsirang and Dagana., It is well facilitated with an area of 10 acres of protected compound with adequate fields for trial, training and demonstration of farm Machinery. It has fully furnished office building, workshop for repair and maintenance, store building, machinery shed, four unit staff quarter, a transit camp, security guard house. For the mobility and transportation a utility vehicle and mini truck is provided . For human resource, it has a Manager, with six experienced technical staff a administrative staff, two drivers, three contract trained operators and one security guards cum caretaker totaling of 15 staff strength.
Overall AMC's mandate is carried through the following activities under its juricsdiction
1. Sale and Supply The sale and supply of farm machines is done on the full subsidy for the transportation till the vehicle pliable point. Unlike in the past, Farmers need not produce the recommendation letter from any other authority to buy the machines except for the grant machine. In case of spare parts which needs to be imported from the third country, full advance needs to be deposited after the confirmation of its actual cost.
2. Installation, and testing of post harvest and farm machines. After the supply of the farm machineries its services for installation and testing is provided on full subsidy as package.
3. Back up service Usually minor repairing of the farm machines and its periodical maintenance are to be done by the farmers themselves. However, the centre carries out the repair and maintenance work if it is brought to the centre with minimum standard charges. In case if it needs to be done at the site it is dealt case by case and the minimum standard charges is levied.
4. Hiring service The centre provides hiring services within its region as per the approved hiring guidelines for detail please visit in the same website for the hiring guideline 2012-2013 under download.
5. Promotional activities Demonstration, exhibition field days are organized to create awareness and sensitize among the farmers about the use of farm machines and its available technologies where ever it is necessary and planned.
6. Training Training on power tillers and tractor are conducted as per the plan.
7. Farm Machinery Service Unit (FMSC) Minor services such as purchase of spare parts, repair and maintenance can be acquired from these centres. As of now, there are one such unit at Buli under Nangkhor geog aimed to facilitate four upper Kheng. The Chuzagang does not have the infrastructure but it is under operational.